Instruction and Management
I believe a well-managed art studio environment:
- Is a place where students are able to connect and relate to what they are creating, which helps them to stay engaged and motivated. When choice is offered to students they will be much more invested in their work, creating a well- managed classroom.
- Includes differentiation and accommodation in every lesson to inform the instruction for every student and their needs. This enables every student to be successful. Also, IEPs and 504 plans are used to specifically provide what is needed to help each student be successful.
- Addresses all safety concerns in order to ensure materials are used safely and correctly.
- Becomes a community that supports the class and all of its members. An accepting class community improves class management when all are working as a whole to create a safe environment.
- Follows a studio practice of creation, allowing students to work in a specific process, which helps maintain order in a class.